The Sawmill Restaurant & Pizzeria, provides a warm environment by drawing its inspiration from the history of the Pymble area. The use of natural and recycled timber throughout the space reflects the early use of the local area.
Pymble and the surrounding area was once a major supplier of timber to the early Sydney Colony. The first sawmill was established in the area in 1805 and West Pymble was selectively logged for the most sought after timbers. The attraction of the impressive stands of blackbutt, turpentine, stringybark, ironbark, blue gum and mahogany saw the upper north shore become an important supplier of timber throughout all of Sydney in the years to come.
The Sawmill Restaurant & Pizzeria pays homage to the history of the local area, while maintaining a feeling of warmth in food lovingly prepared and served from fresh produce.